Monday 16 November 2009

Pop Up Christmas Card - 'Snowmen'

This card was made using exactly the same process explained in our earlier post - 'Pop Up Card Tutorial'.

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A CLOSER VIEW
Instead of using the decoupage sheets 'Presents' I stamped and cut out two snowmen  - ('Funstamps - Snowman' wood mounted stamp).

I've had this stamp for at least a couple of years but this is the first time I've actually used it. How bad is that!


The snowmen were stamped using VersaFine Onyx Black then coloured using watercolour pencils and a blending pen.
The background is chalked then stamped over with a small snowflake stamp. I stamped in VersaMark and used 'Seafoam White' embossing powder.
To finish I added crystal glitter highlights.

I doodled the 'snow ball mountain' and the snowmen are juggling doodled snowballs mounted onto the tips of acetate strips so it looks like they're in mid air.


I wanted the second snowman to reach out from the card and his arm to be in a different position to the original stamp.
Masking off didn't work so here's what I did:

- Changing a stamped image -
1.  Stamped the snowman twice. Cut out the second - I used this later, to trace round (4).
2.  Pencilled in the shape I wanted the second snowman's body to be.
3.  Inked over the pencil, dotting inside my inked line (to match the style of the stamp's lines).
4.  Placed the cut out snowman, from earlier, where I wanted the second hand to be.
5.  Pencilled round the arm and hand.
6.  Worked over the pencil lines as before.
7.   Finally I cut out the amended snowman.
8.  The variation on the original stamp.


Hope you have a go and thanks for visiting!
X



 

7 comments:

  1. Really cute.
    Thanks for the tutorial on changing the motiv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine -- this is just so delightful (and clever too to modify your image -- it creates a lot more interest). I have more "uninked" stamps than I care to acknowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, I couldn't resist coming on back to give you a little something -- come on back to my blog and pick it up ecause your blog is Over the Top and I am hoping to get more people to visit you. Have a wonderful week-end. theneon, aka, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pure genius! What an absolutely adorable card. The way you altered the image is just so creative and adding the snowballs and the ones being juggled is so unbelievably creative! You guys are simply awesome! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! And love how you changed the 2nd snowman - thanks for showing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    I love everything about this card! Wonderful!

    Wishing you a great week!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day.